Monday, March 29, 2010

Indonesia trip movies!

So, on the long flights to and from LA/Hong Kong, we got a fully interactive TV with a remote, and there were alot of movies to choose from, including several I'd already seen (New Moon, Inglorious Basterds - still my favorite movie of 2009!, and An Education - seriously, SO good). Along with those 3, I also watched

The Invention of Lying


I had high hopes for this one - Ricky Gervais is oh so funny and I really like Jennifer Garner... but it's pretty terrible. It starts off cute and funny but about halfway through takes a random turn to where Ricky Gervais is coming up with a description of God and heaven and then announcing it to the whole world. It only got more ridiculous as it progressed. I'd say PASS.

The Informant!


I enjoyed this one, although it's a little slow. Matt Damon is REALLY good as the bumbling, overweight nerd who's trying to take his company down. It's worth watching for his performance alone. It dragged a little in parts, but was quirky and funny enough to keep me interested. I'd say CHECK IT OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment