Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Best movie I've seen in a LONG time - "Inglorious Basterds"

Starring Brad Pitt, directed by Quentin Tarantino



Like the title says, "Basterds" is definitely the best movie I've seen in awhile. I can honestly say that I didn't want it to end. The trailer does a good job tempting you with what it will be like to see war through Tarantino's eyes... but there is much more to this movie than blood and gore. There are probably 4 really disgusting parts that last about half a second each. And, despite what the trailer makes you believe, the Inglorious Basterds are not the only thing the movie is about. Alot of the movie takes place in France, and therefore they speak French for quite awhile (beautiful language!). However, there is still quite a bit in English. Brad Pitt's character is hilarious as the leader of the American Basterds, he has some of the best one-liners I've ever heard.

With a total run time of about 2 1/2 hours, it's a little long, but I didn't notice. I was sad when it ended. I would have continued to watch it for 5 hours if it went that long. Overall, I've never really been a Tarantino fan, but THIS movie I get. It was brilliant, in my humble opinion. I wanna see it again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment