Thursday, September 24, 2009

Oldie but Goodie - Fame (1980)

"Fame", made in 1980 (not the new one coming out soon). I watched this trailer and was then expecting a bad 80's movie with bad acting, bad film quality, and bad music.



HOWEVER! I loooved this movie. Watching a movie about students learning to sing, dance, act, and PERFORM is right up my alley. I love movies about these things, probably because I wish I was halfway decent at any of them (which I'm not.) The movie is divided into several parts, starting with the auditions of the main characters. It then goes on to highlights of their Freshman year, Sophmore year, and so on. Watching the differences between what they did as they evolved as performers was really cool. It wasn't at all what I thought it would be. I think the DVD must have been remastered recently because the quality of the picture and sound was actually really good, which made it seem not so 80's. Don't get me wrong, some of it is so 80's it makes you sick. The outfits are weird, the girls AND the guys were leg warmers, the hair is ridiculous, etc. However, I was so wrapped up in what the kids were going through I didn't even care! The ending is a little disappointing, because there are a few things that didn't get wrapped up. But, because of this, I was still thinking about what happened to each of the characters after school ended. Overall - I loved it and would watch it again. Now I feel totally prepared for the new version coming to theaters soon, which is really why I watched it in the first place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment