Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Shutter Island



It's kind of hard to give a review of this one because there's a surprise at the end! For those of you who haven't seen it - I'd say CHECK IT OUT! It's good overall (although it's maybe a little over-done in places) and it's thought-provoking all the way through. I will leave it at that! Now don't read past this line if you don't want to know some details of about how it ended!
__________________________________

Wow, I am thinking about this movie long after I saw it because of that ending. The one thing that really bothered me while watching it was Leonardo DiCaprio's over-acting, but after that ending I think his acting was pretty brilliant. Wouldn't a person like him be overly dramatic about everything? I really liked that for almost all of the movie, you thought it was about something else. Although this was set like 50 years ago, these mental illness issues are so relevant and I'm sure are dealt with to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment