Monday, March 8, 2010

Gran Torino



I am of the opinion that Clint Eastwood the actor is a major cheeze-fest. His voice, his scowls... the whole package just makes me want to gag. However, Clint Eastwood the director is brilliant. His movies are always good and thought-provoking. Such is the case with Gran Torino. It is a beautiful story (although the beginning reminded me of "Up") with alot of heart. I definitely enjoyed it and would recommend it. If you haven't seen it, it's worth a watch so CHECK IT OUT!

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid that I cannot sit idly by while you disparage one of, if not the, greatest American actors of our time. His art is appreciated around the world. That raspy voice, those menacing scowls helped reinforce Hollywood as the capital of movie making around the world! To truly comment on what the actor does, you MUST see at least three westerns of his, and not fewer than 5 other movies (not westerns) and all of those movies should be spread across his entire career. He is BRILLIANT as actor, producer and/or director, except for that one movie where he and Lee Marvin are singing cowboys. That one blows.

    ReplyDelete