Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Taking Woodstock



This is one of those Netflix movies that I had at home for a long time because I always had a better one to watch before it. But this movie surprised me! It was funny and endearing and quirky. I laughed out loud several times! I was expecting to be bombarded with "hippie" stuff during this movie, but I didn't get that feeling after watching it. The hippie stuff was handled fairly comically, so it turned out funny-ridiculous, not annoying-ridiculous. Because of all the hippie stuff, there was male and female nudity, drugs, and some homosexuality. The nudity was kind of funny (the uptight locals yelling at them "cover yourselves!"), the drug stuff was fairly minimal, and the sexual stuff was never really pushed too far (meaning: they didn't show you much, it was just implied.) Overall, I was happy that the movie never really pushed a huge agenda (the way Woodstock itself did), it was really just the story of how Woodstock came to be. I wouldn't recommend this for everyone (because of all the VERY Rated R stuff), but if you can handle all of that, I'd say CHECK IT OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment