Friday, February 19, 2010

Iron Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgzIM-9lfA
(for some reason, Youtube's not letting me embed these days. I'm not sure why. The link is the next best thing)

As mentioned in my review for Avatar, I usually don't jump at the chance to watch the big-budget action movies. I'd say I'm slightly more excited concerning the super-hero ones, because their stories have a childlike-wonder and probably a little romance. With this one, I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was! I really, really enjoyed this movie - the story is good, the acting is good, and the super-hero stuff isn't so far-fetched that it's ridiculous. Robert Downey, Jr. is funny and charming as Tony Stark, and the "super-hero" he creates is cool because he just uses technology to transform himself. I was surprised that the story wasn't just about how he creates Iron Man, it was more about why he thought Iron Man was necessary. A few parts were a little obvious, like who the bad guy was and Tony Stark's deep affection for his devoted assistant/love interest. Still - this movie is great. I'm now excited to see the sequel! I hope it doesn't fall super short of the first one as most sequels do. Overall, I'd say CHECK IT OUT, if you haven't already - it's awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment