Sunday, February 14, 2010

Amelia

I didn't really like this film. It kind of missed the mark for me, mostly because of timing. They kind of switched back and forth between the present and the past, which was confusing. There was no real way to tell where you were in her story. If they had had a more "in-order" plot, I think it would have been alot better. Another thing that bothered me - the preview made it look like Amelia and her husband had this great love story (which they sort of did), but then half the movie is about her falling in love with another man! I wouldn't have minded them putting that in the movie so much if they hadn't tried to make her and her husband's relationship so legendary. I expected that after I watched it, I would have some connection to Amelia Earhart and understand why she was so beloved by America at the time. In actuality, I just felt like I'd watched a pretty bad movie. I'd say PASS.

No comments:

Post a Comment