Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Didn't Disappoint - "New Moon"



I am in the process of reading the whole saga (I'm currently in the middle of book 3) so it wasn't too long ago that I read the "New Moon" book. I must say, this movie is a pretty accurate portrayal of it. Of course some things were rushed or skipped over all together, but that's to be expected. The werewolf stuff was really cool! And Taylor Lautner pulled off the character of Jacob quite well, I thought. The challenge in this movie was definitely the fact that Edward is gone for like 80% of it. I had heard the director say that Bella would "see" Edward in the movie more than she does in the book, but I thought it was about the same. At the end when they are reunited was my favorite part, because of the fight scene between Edward and the Volturi! It was pretty intense. I didn't really like the abrupt ending, but it was highly dramatic (as per the usual with this series.) Bottom line, if you're a fan of the series or at least liked the first movie, you'll like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment