Tuesday, October 13, 2009

LOVED IT - "Away We Go"



Okay, I loved this movie. But to be fair - it's totally my kind of movie and I looooooove me some John Krasinski (Jim from The Office!!!) and I love Sam Mendes (the director - American Beauty, Jarhead) and I love movies that seem like real life. So, the couple is trying to figure out where they want to raise their child, and in the process they reunite with all these people from their past and get to observe how screwed up they've managed to make their family life. Through this, they know exactly what they don't want... not what they do want. By the end of the movie, they've found the perfect place and even you, the viewer, knows they will be perfectly fine there for the next 50 years. John Krasinski is so sweet as the doting new Dad-to-be, and Maya Rudolph is believable as a pregnant woman who's a little freaked out. There are many other well-known actors who play their extended family that were great as well. Maggie Gyllenhaal is hilariously weird as the woman who hates strollers, and Catherine O'Hara and Jeff Daniels as the grandparents are ridiculously clueless and therefore funny! Overall, I thought this movie was GREAT. I will say a few times I felt like the movie was trying a little too hard to be artsy-fartsy. But despite that, I LOVED it. The opening scene is a little shocking - so be ready! It's on DVD now.

No comments:

Post a Comment