Thursday, October 8, 2009

Good remake - "Fame" (2009)



For those of you who have seen the original, this is almost an exact duplicate. Same format, same story line. Some of the characters from the original are mixed together to make one character in the new film. They did upgrade some stuff to make it a little more contemporary, though. The kids in the movie were great, again I wish I was more talented like them. I could see some people not understanding these kids' hope of "making it," and therefore not really liking the movie. It does seem unrealistic, because it so rarely happens. It's shocking at times to see what these type of kids might do in order to get their shot. They do seem a little whiny at times, like WAA WAA why doesn't anyone understand my talent? But I think we've all felt misunderstood, especially in high school. Overall, I enjoyed it, but some might not. I guess you could say it's a little "artsy fartsy." Not that that's a bad thing - I'd consider myself a little "artsy fartsy!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment