Friday, October 30, 2009

Beautiful and moving - "Sommersby"



This was recommended to me by the lovely Elva as one of her must-see's. And... I loved this movie! I even watched it in one sitting, which I hardly ever do with my Netflix DVD's. It's a sweeping and sad love story that made me cry at the end, which I don't often do at movies. It's also intriguing and makes you wonder about who he really is? Is he Jack Sommersby? Or someone else? Could Jack Sommersby be changed so much by the war that he is a new person? It was interesting from minute one, and didn't disappoint throughout. I'd recommend it as a love story that both women and men would enjoy, because it's not just a simple they-love-each-other blah blah blah plot like some other love stories. Not any bad language that I recall, but there are a few violent scenes where the slaves are beaten by a KKK-like group. Thank you Elva for the great movie recommendation! *hugs* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment