Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christmas Break Movies!

"Sherlock Holmes"


Good movie! I wasn't quite sure what to expect, because the preview looks a little nuts. But overall it was enjoyable and interesting. It had a good classic solve-the-mystery feel which was refreshing. The relationship between Sherlock and Watson was funny and endearing. Rachel McAdams was surprisingly good as Sherlock's love, despite mine (and everyone's) view of her as sweet Allie from The Notebook, she pulled of a con artist pretty good. I kept thinking throughout the movie "Madonna's ex (Guy Ritchie) makes one good movie!," because he incorporated alot of little tidbits that were enjoyable and again, refreshing. The music was one of my favorite parts. The story had to do with a "black magic" mystery which I wasn't exactly expecting, but it turned out interesting and ended well. I'd say - Check it out!!


"All About Steve"


Who doesn't love Sandra Bullock? Because my whole family does, somebody received this on DVD for Christmas. I'm not quite sure what to say... this is not your typical Sandra Bullock movie. It has a WEIRD story - she loves words and therefore makes the Crossword Puzzle for her local paper, meets Bradley Cooper, falls madly in love, then follows him across the country. Despite all the craziness of the story, I'd say it has a pretty good message to stay true to yourself. But other than that, it was just way too silly. Because the story is so ridiculous, it's pretty shocking to me that Sandra was a producer. Why?!?!? She must have really liked the script, but I couldn't tell you why. Anyway, it's cute at times, but pretty dumb overall. Sorry Sandra, I'd say PASS.

"The Hangover"


I saw this movie in theaters, but that was before my blog. So I watched it again with my brother over Christmas break. This movie is VERY funny! It's rated R for mostly just language, until the very end where they show the pictures from their crazy night, then it definitely has rated R behavior. I don't agree with all the hype of "it's the funniest movie EVER!" but it is really funny. Ed Helms (Andy from The Office) is GREAT, and Bradley Cooper is DREAMY (in looks only). I'd say check it out if you can handle the language (it's definitely not for the younsters.)

No comments:

Post a Comment