Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Never Let Me Go



I totally bawled my eyes out at the end!  I'm not talking the one tear down your cheek crying, I'm talking tears flowing, face all scrunched up, heart breaking kinda cry!  This movie is soooo beautiful and the story is very powerful.  Basically, in an alternate version of scientific history, children are "designed" to be clones of average human beings, and must begin donating vital organs around the age of 20.  The story revolves around 3 of these children all grown up and facing the reality of living for only a few more years at the most, all while forming relationships that create quite a love triangle.  My heart just broke at the end because of the love between 2 of them!  (I am a romantic at heart...)  I was so intrigued about what was going to happen, I actually watched the whole movie in one sitting, which doesn't happen often with DVD's.  So overall, it was a gorgeous movie, although maybe not for everyone.  It's very powerful yet understated, much like The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, The Road, and Cold Mountain - 3 of my all time favorites.  CHECK IT OUT if you think it sounds like something you might like!

No comments:

Post a Comment