Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Fighter



GREAT movie!  I was expecting the tired boxer-comeback story with cheesy Boston accents, and instead I got a great family story and sharp Boston accents that sounded authentic.  One of my biggest pet peeves in movies is bad accents, and BAH-ston's is a tough one to pull off.  But this movie kept it authentic, with alot of minor characters being played by actual Boston-ites.  Mark Wahlberg and Amy Adams and the lady who played the Mom were all great.  But the shining star of the whole movie is Christian Bale.  I know, I know, I've also heard that he can be hard to work with... but in this movie he's brilliant.  He plays Micky Ward's older crack-addicted brother, who taught Micky everything he knows about boxing, but is unreliable when it comes to training because of his addiction.  I was surprised that the plot was just as much about family as it was about boxing.  Overall, it's a great story with great acting... so CHECK IT OUT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment