Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Black Swan


Unless you've been living under a rock for the past 3 months, you've probably heard a little bit about this movie.  They (meaning movie critics, gossip magazines and such) have all been saying how great Natalie Portman is and how she'll probably win the Oscar for Best Actress, etc.  Well, I totally agree!  Natalie is great!  Mila Kunis is also great (who knew - she was Jackie on That 70's show, and she can actually act!), and the ballet director (not sure of his name) was great too.  The movie overall was very good, but I left slightly disappointed.  Too much hype and too excited to see it = I'll probably be disappointed.  Regardless, it is very good.  It's a psychological thriller that keeps you guessing to the very end.  I thought I had it figured out early on, but I was totally wrong.  And surprisingly, it's not really that much about ballet.  I anticipated lots of ballet terminology that I wouldn't understand, but it didn't have much of that.  It was a suspenseful and exciting movie that most people would enjoy, so CHECK IT OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment