Monday, November 29, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1



Let me preface this post with:  I'm not a huge fan of the Harry Potter movies.  I have read all the books, but I'm not one of those snobs that assumes the movie will be bad before I've even seen it.  What I don't like about the movies is that they're so rushed.  They have to fit SO MUCH stuff into 2 hours of film, and I feel like if I hadn't read the books I'd be totally lost.  That being said - it is usually pretty cool to see the books come to life on screen - and such is the case with this one.  The story drags a little bit sometimes, because this Part 1 is really just a big set up for Part 2 where they wrap everything up.  It totally feels like they leave you hanging at the end, because there's no big resolution or anything.  But, any Harry Potter fan will like it, I think.  They do a pretty good job of bringing the HP world to life.  So, CHECK IT OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment