Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Raging Bull at The Paramount



This movie is #24 on AFI's Top 100, and now I understand why. Martin Scorcese directing and Robert DeNiro (who's never been better, I'd say) starring are an un-stoppable combination, and this entire movie proves it. It's gritty and raw, but it's also funny, exciting, and sad. I loved every minute of it. I found so many parts of it to be absolutely awesome - the camera angles, the conversations, the relationships, the unnecessary black-and-white, the emphasis on various items or scenes that another director would have overlooked etc. This is a must-see for any film lover like me. Even if you're not a film-lover, I think it would be interesting to watch. So please, CHECK IT OUT!

I saw this at The Paramount, and it is now my favorite movie theater. Walking in felt like I was IN a movie - because it looks like this (minus the drum set.) It's elegant and ornate and has BOX SEATS, but at the same time, most people around me were sipping a beer they got from the mini-bar in the foyer. The entrance and hallways are just as beautiful. I can't wait to go back! Thank you Austin, for holding this little gem deep in the heart of downtown, deep in the heart of TEXAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment