Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Water for Elephants



Ok - I will admit that I was dying to see Robert Pattinson in a role other than Edward Cullen, so I was really excited to see this movie.  Other reasons include the fact that I love Reese Witherspoon (who doesn't?) and Christoph Waltz is a new actor to watch (he was absolutely brilliant in Inglorious Basterds.)  So - how was it?  It's another tough one to call because there are lots of positives and lots of negatives.  Positives:  really good story and beautiful scenery; Negatives:  animal abuse and no chemistry between Robert and Reese.  I understand that the animal abuse was a big part of the story, and I will say that they don't actually show it (they just imply it) but it was still hard to watch.  The chemistry between Robert and Reese was practically non-existent, which I had heard from movie critics before I saw it, but it was worse than I expected.  It's one of those things that you can't really explain, you'd just have to see it to understand it.  Don't get me wrong, Robert was oh so dreamy, and Reese was beautiful (although sometimes a little stiff.)  They just didn't work so well together.  Now despite those (fairly major) negatives, the story and scenery are really good, and it will make you wish you had a pet elephant.  So, overall, it's BEARABLE (unfortunetely.)  I wish I could give it a "check it out", but it just doesn't quite get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment