Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ramona and Beezus



Ok, this movie is kinda cute, but to me it could have been alot better.  Growing up in the 1980's, I love the Ramona Quimby books!  I remembered so many cute story lines from reading the books... but unfortunetely most of them were not in the movie.  The story line was much more serious than I expected - Ramona's dad loses his job and the mom goes to work, they argue over money, etc.  And then there were some parts that were totally unexpected, like Ramona's Aunt Bee reuniting with her high school boyfriend (Josh Duhamel) and Ramona being upset about it at first.  Also, the title of "Ramona and Beezus" didn't really fit, because Beezus was hardly in it.  I don't know, like I said, it was kinda cute, but also kind of a hot mess.  Overall, I'd say it's BEARABLE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment