Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Favorite Actors

There are many movies I've watched simply because of the actors in it.
One of these actors is James McAvoy. I know, you have probably never heard of him, but you may recognize him from a few popular movies. I first saw him in "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" as Mr. Tumnus - and ever since then I've been a fan. I don't know what it was about his portrayal of Mr. Tumnus, it just seemed so genuine. Ever since then, I've liked every movie I've seen him in (including The Last Station, Penelope - a movie no has heard of but everyone should see, and Atonement, by far my favorite movie of 2007.) I think he's a great actor who mostly flies under the radar, but picks great movies to act in.
Another of these actors is Amy Adams. She is also great at her craft, with a surprisingly wide range. She was nominated for a Golden Globe for Enchanted, and for an Academy Award for Doubt. She can do bubbly (Enchanted), sullen (Doubt), real (Julie and Julia and Sunshine Cleaning), silly (Night at the Museum 2 - she was the only shining star of an otherwise pretty dumb movie), funny (Talladega Nights)... she just always pleasantly surprises me with her acting abilities.
I say all this because - a) I wanted to mention some of their movies that are totally worth watching, and b) I just wanted to put this on the record in case they start winning a bunch of awards!

No comments:

Post a Comment